Each member of the Education Bloggers Network agrees to follow our Code of Ethics as citizen journalists dedicated to truth-telling and democracy. We seek to abide by the following:
- Publish as fact only that which there is reason to believe to be true. If a statement is speculation, identify it as so.
- If material exists online, link to it when referencing it. Linking to referenced material allows readers to judge for themselves the accuracy and insight of statements.
- Publicly correct any misinformation.
- If a post has been changed since its original publication, note and explain the reason why.
- Disclose any conflict of interest.
- Note questionable and biased sources.
- Promote interactivity by allowing open discussion.
This Ethics Code was initially developed by Anthony Cody and Susan DuFresne utilizing the work of Rebecca Blood and Martin Kuhn. (See cite here)