Education Bloggers Daily Highlights 12-9-15
Education Bloggers Daily Highlights Courtesy of Big Education Ape
A special thank you to education blogger Mike Simpson
For More Visit: http://bigeducationape.blogspot.com/
- College option to jail for lesser crimes
- UTLA- NOT REALLY A UNION – Perdaily.com
- New school improvement agency makes four key hires | EdSource
- Charter School Annual Oversight Checklist | Fiscal Crisis & Management Assistance Team
- The Students Always Do That | The Jose Vilson
- Seattle Schools Community Forum: Clarity on WA State Charter Schools from Charter Commission? Fuhgeddaboudit
- Special Nite Cap: Catch Up on Today’s Post 12/8/15
- New documents provide details of LAUSD probe that led to firing of famed educator Rafe Esquith – LA Times
- The Absurdity of Next-Gen Assessments | Save Maine Schools
- New York Times Editorial Board on Annual Testing: “PREECCCIIOOOUUUUSSS!” | Daniel Katz, Ph.D.
- Ag Groups Call on USDA to Enforce “Buy American” Provision in Federal School Lunch Program | KTIC Radio
- Why Chicago Teacher Sarah Chambers Is Voting To Strike | I AM AN EDUCATOR
- No Child Left Behind: An Obituary : NPR Ed : NPR
- Mike Klonsky’s SmallTalk Blog: Claypool won’t negotiate with CTU. With Rahm on the ropes, he has no juice.
- The Public Release of Value-Added Scores Does Not (Yet) Impact Real Estate | VAMboozled!
- Schools Matter: ASD Crosses Halfway Mark to Certain Failure
- CURMUDGUCATION: Duncan Remains Relentlessly Wrong
- Save Our Schools March – It’s Time to March Again ~ Summer 2016
- Democratic Budget Deal – An irresponsible farce – Wait What?
- Gov. Christie and Legislature Fail to Fund School Formula, Create Crisis for Newark’s Schools | janresseger
- Here Come the Public-School Consultants – The Atlantic
- One way to boost achievement among poor kids? Make sure they have classmates who aren’t poor. – The Washington Post
- What Happened to Education Strategies that Promoted “Community-Centered Pedagogy?” – LA Progressive
- Minneapolis selects Massachusetts candidate as school superintendent | Minnesota Public Radio News
- TeachingWorks (or Doesn’t) at the University of Michigan: The Corporatization of Teacher Education